Thursday, February 18, 2010

Will ';Clear Acrylic Sealer: Gloss'; spray ruin my oil paintings?

This is the product:


http://www.plaidonline.com/productDetail.asp?itemID=CS200304





Does the title mean that it is to be used for acrylic paint or that it is made from acrylic?Will ';Clear Acrylic Sealer: Gloss'; spray ruin my oil paintings?
';This easy-to-use spray protects paint, lacquer, varnish, stain, glue, wood, prints and other surfaces WITH a strong, clear, non-yellowing, ACRYLIC SEAL.';





Yes, it is made from acrylic. But I don't think you should use this to seal your oil painting. There's varnish or something that you can buy to I think paint on your paintings to seal them. I've never sealed any of my oil paintings before since I don't really know...what to do... so I hope someone more knowledgeable can help you.Will ';Clear Acrylic Sealer: Gloss'; spray ruin my oil paintings?
yes it would ruin it





use a removable varnish intended for oil paintings only





like soluvar or kamar ,damar , etc...





oh and make sure the painting has aged in a dust free environment for 6 months before varnishing.





dust it with a soft brush first to make sure

No comments:

Post a Comment