Sunday, February 7, 2010

How Can I Clean Black and Clear Acrylic Riser Platforms?

I have smooth black and clear acrylic riser platforms that I use to photograph tabletop items like jewelry, collectables, etc. The black shows every speck of dust and smudges and I have to retouch and erase any artifacts with Photoshop. This is time consuming. I have lint free cloths, Windex. No matter how much I clean these things, I can't get them spotless. I also spray them with canned air and then static electricity starts attracting dust. There is always smudges I can't seem to remove. Does anyone have a solution to getting these acrylic risers spotless? ThanksHow Can I Clean Black and Clear Acrylic Riser Platforms?
Try rubbing alcohol, You can use it on anything. I use it @ work on my white sneakers. Then it looks brand new. We also have it in spray bottles for counters and such. I work in a medical office it seems to be something we all use for something.How Can I Clean Black and Clear Acrylic Riser Platforms?
Try plain white vinegar.





I'd also get some black cloth to drape over the black ones, you can get pretty inexpensive fabric at WalMart. That way you don't have to worry about smudges and dust. Don't know if this would affect how your articles are displayed or not, but you wouldn't deal with the dust/smudge issues. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment