Thursday, February 18, 2010

I recently got my lip pierced and i need to wear a clear for my job which is better to use plastic or acrylic?

and if u have comments such as ';ew nothing'; or ';lip piercings are gross'; dont bother i need advice not put downs!!!!!I recently got my lip pierced and i need to wear a clear for my job which is better to use plastic or acrylic?
I had the same prob as you


pesonally i prefer plastic i think it looks better and you can get more styles


(not that you can see them anyway)


but dont forget to use anti-bacterial sprays and stuff coz if it gets infected it will look terrible with a clear one inI recently got my lip pierced and i need to wear a clear for my job which is better to use plastic or acrylic?
Acrylics/plastics don't cause infections per se, however they are porous materials that can harbor bacteria and are not suitable for unhealed piercings.





Your best bet would be to buy a glass retainer and keep them in until you're healed. Constantly changing out jewelry will only aggravate your new piercing and increase your chance of infection.





Also, since you have an open wound I would suggest taking your new glass jewelry to a local shop and have the piece(s) autoclaved as you never know who has handled the jewelry.





https://www.bodyartforms.com/products.as鈥?/a>





http://www.glasswearstudios.com/webpages鈥?/a>





The quartz glass on the BAF site is actually from GWS, but I thought I'd link you to both since GWS offer more retainer options on their site.
Neither get quartz. They are SO much better for healing. Plastic just doesn't sound good and acrylic will harbour bacteria which can cause infection if not cleaned a lot. Quartz is definately the best choice.
acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment