Sunday, February 7, 2010

I am looking for a clear acrylic solid pool cover with truss system, strong enough for people to walk?

strong enough for tables and chairs to be set on the pool cover. I have seen pictures of this at party rental places. I wish to buy the system instead of renting one.I am looking for a clear acrylic solid pool cover with truss system, strong enough for people to walk?
I saw a Hollywood party on TV (on Oprah?) where the party was over a pool on just the type of system you are talking about. I didn't find the exact thing. There is a reference book called Sweets used by designers and architects published by McGraw Hill. It has volumes and volumes of categorized products. The online version is cumbersome, so I didn't attempt it, but check it at your library. Another is the Thomas Register, which is more of a source reference for business and manufacturers.





I wonder if the sytem might be available from companies who specialize in stages. The only ones I saw of this nature were intended to sit on a floor and would not span any distance (though some of the lighting ideas could be cool for your application).





Still, in my search I did find one product that might work. The web page didn't talk about maximum spans or the like. For what its worth, here it is:





http://www.discountdisplays.com/flooring鈥?/a>I am looking for a clear acrylic solid pool cover with truss system, strong enough for people to walk?
The system you are wanting to purchase is a custom built pool cover that uses structural aluminum trusses and brackets. These things are extremely expensive and very time consuming to install and/or remove for storage.





A country club in Virginia that I went to had a similar system... it wasn't clear because the support structure was ugly. It was however very strong and used hardwood sheets as floor covering over a sub-floor. It snapped and locked together and also had a slight arch for added support.





If you have the room for storage, the muscle and people to assist in it's assembly and dis-assembly, and the disposable income to purchase this monster... then start contacting some country clubs and pool warehouses for leads on a company that may fabricate such a thing. Be very careful about warranty and liability for weight and load restrictions.





Good luck.
  • microsoft word>
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment