Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why did my acrylic clear coat act so funny?

Well i was spray painting my small plastic shelf and did a primer coat. followed with a black gloss. Then i decided to add a clear coat. I got an acrylic clear coat and sprayed an even layer on the shelf. On a fist sized spot on each shelf it looked like the clear coat raised up in tree branch-like shapes. idk how to explain it. its like wrinkles rose up out of the paint(no cracks, it just rose) in treebranch-like manner. whats up with that? looks ugly now..Why did my acrylic clear coat act so funny?
Check your cans of spray paint. It sounds like possibly your black was oil-based, and the acrylic did not adhere to it. Or maybe it wasn't dry enough to be clear coated. Or perhaps maybe a place you touched it to move it and the oils from your hands caused the failure.Why did my acrylic clear coat act so funny?
Sounds like **** ran brah, your clear coat could have run or one of the paints under it could have and when you put on the clear coat it could have magnified it, know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment