Sunday, February 21, 2010

HELP....I JUST PAINTED MY TRUCK WITH ACRYLIC ENAMEL, IT IS EXTREMELY ORANGE PEELED..CAN I WET SAND AND CLEAR?

WONDERING IF I CAN WET SAND AND APPLY CLEAR COAT.HELP....I JUST PAINTED MY TRUCK WITH ACRYLIC ENAMEL, IT IS EXTREMELY ORANGE PEELED..CAN I WET SAND AND CLEAR?
You can do what ever you want, but if you simply sand and clear coat, you'll have orange peal under clear coat...probably not the look you were going for.





Simply put, you screwed up the surface preparation or application of the paint. Time to strip and do it right.HELP....I JUST PAINTED MY TRUCK WITH ACRYLIC ENAMEL, IT IS EXTREMELY ORANGE PEELED..CAN I WET SAND AND CLEAR?
Yes,you can do that.The simplest and safest way to make it right would be to water sand it smooth with 400 grit.Then respray it with the color again.This time use a quality slower drying reducer and more of it.Spray at a higher pressure and apply a couple thin wet coats.
wet sand and then buff with fine rubbing compound to restore the gloss. acrylic enamel is not intended to have clear on it

No comments:

Post a Comment