Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is it OK to use an Acrylic Lacquer Clear coat over a Urethane Base Coat? Or will it lift/peel/bubble?

I had to get a different hood and bumper after having a little accident. The car is red and the hood and bumper are white. I need to sand down the parts and paint them. The website I am going to get my paint from it http://www.automotivetouchup.com and I guess it is ok to use lacquer over urethane...because that is all they have. But can anyone tell me if that is REALLY ok or not? if you can help me out...thanks a lot.Is it OK to use an Acrylic Lacquer Clear coat over a Urethane Base Coat? Or will it lift/peel/bubble?
Lacquer clear works great over urethane base coat.We tried that as an emergency while working on used cars years ago.It gave excellent results and lasts as well as anything else.We still do that at times because the lacquer clear,when wet sanded and highly polished,looks and lasts great.It's also much cheaper.Is it OK to use an Acrylic Lacquer Clear coat over a Urethane Base Coat? Or will it lift/peel/bubble?
lacquer paint is not compatible with urethane paint. period.
call dupont
  • microsoft word>
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment