Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is there a way to permanently attach a photograph to a clear acrylic sheet?

Can the photo be attached so that is can be washed in water or a dishwasher?Is there a way to permanently attach a photograph to a clear acrylic sheet?
You can print images directly onto acrylic sheets using waterproof inks but I doubt if they would survive a dishwasher.


If you want to transfer images to mugs or dishes you'd need to use a heat transfer method.Is there a way to permanently attach a photograph to a clear acrylic sheet?
I wouldn't COUNT on this, but I have some ';laminating pockets'; that I got at WalMart that seem pretty good. They are made by 3M. They have different sizes, including one for ID tags. The thing I like about them is that they do not have adhesive in contact with the image. They are sealed around the edges. You just slide your photo in and press the top together to seal it shut after you're done. I'm sure that they are sold in Staples and other office supply places and probably Michael's and other craft stores, as well.





I don't use them much, but I'm just letting you know that they exist and I've tried them out a few times and they seem to live up to their promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment