Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can I use a clear stamp without a clear acrylic handle?

I recently purchased two 'perfectly clear stamps' without realizing that I hadn't got an acrylic handle!! Would it be possible to use the stamp without it?Can I use a clear stamp without a clear acrylic handle?
You can ,but it will be a lot harder to make a Perfect image . Try it on some scrap paper first. Good Luck ;)))Can I use a clear stamp without a clear acrylic handle?
i have used clear stamps by using them with the top cover of the ink pad (if big enough) and also a clear plastic ruler but remember to make sure that you press down properly on the top of the stamp to get a good result - especially if the top cover of the ink pad is rounded.





It's amazing what you can improvise with when you are desperate.
If you are using them for what I think you are (stamping colors), sure you can, with the likelihood that you will paint/ink the ends of your fingers holding the edges of the stamp block and have to be careful not to touch them to the paper/fabric.


Edit


On the other hand, if this is what you mean http://www.stampendous.com/stampsfdr/pcs鈥?/a> it would be fairly awkward as the actual image stuff is soft and odd shaped, I thought you meant blocks without raised handles.


Wander down to your local hardware store if that is more convenient than hobby shop and ask if they have any scraps of plastic cut offs from making window panes in plastic. I would use glass, smoothing the edges with a hand grind stone, but I have it around.
No not really. You need a hard flat surface to put them on to stamp down and get a good inked image.. Wal Mart has the clear acrylic blocks cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment