Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do i need some type of clear coat on acrylic paint?

I am painting ornaments made out of clay. I got them form a arts and crafts store. They were just plain white clay, and I am painting them with acrylic paint, but i noticed that the clay can scrape away. Is there any type of top coat I should be using?Do i need some type of clear coat on acrylic paint?
Yes, it is always best to seal your work with polyurethane (glossy or satin finish). I do that to all my art work (paintings, slates, crafts, etc.). Polyurethane can be applied with a brush or can be sprayed on (available in convenient spray cans). It not only protects the finish of your work but it also deepens and brightens the colors and gives your artwork more depth.Do i need some type of clear coat on acrylic paint?
Thank you for honoring me with your choice!

Report Abuse



i would use clear coat but you have to spray it on with a spray gun(for my guitar at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment